- Performs any combination of following tasks to assist the Press Operator to make ready, operate, and maintain sheet-fed or web offset printing Press.
- Inserts packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height, fastens reinforcing bars to offset blankets, and installs plates and blankets on press cylinders,using hand tools, to achieve pressure required for printing.
- Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging device, tapes, and cams, as directed by Offset-Press Operator using hand tools.
- Positions skid of unprinted sheets on feed device of sheet-fed press. Fills ink and dampening solution fountains of press.
- Observes press operation to detect machine malfunctions.
- Stacks skid with blank sheets for printing.
- Removes loaded skid of printed material from stacking mechanism, and replaces loaded skid with empty skid.
- Assists Offset-Press Operator to remove and replace worn rollers and adjust pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Washes press and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains,using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- Keeps daily time, production, and material usage reports.
- May lead, give directions to, and monitor work of Feeder.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a printing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position.
Please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header "Machine Assistant".
Due to the volume of CVs received we are unable to respond to each application. Should you not receive feedback from Pro-Print within 4 weeks of submission, please consider your CV unsuccessful.